Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lifetime Fitness! Woot!


For the past few months, I've been getting the advertisements for the new Lifetime Fitness club that just opened up in Mason, OH. I've ignored them, for the most part, because I thought it would be more than I could afford. I am leery of any polished marketing material that asserts a "low, one-time fee" is required. But when my current gym (Gold's) put a sign up saying that my membership rates will go up once my contract is up, I'd had enough.

So I took a tour this week. The place is gigantic!! The weight room is at least 2-3x the size of my current gym and they have at least 3 or 4 of the most popular machines. Plus all the machines are brand new and of a higher quality than what I'm used to. They also have lots of machines I never knew existed. I've now done a full cycle of training at Lifetime and had some of the best workouts of my life - and I've been working out for almost 20 years. It's also a 24 x 7 club! I can go work out at 9PM and not feel like I'm getting the bum's rush at 9:30.

Lifetime has a restaurant and spa on location, a few indoor swimming pools, an outdoor pool, an indoor soccer field, raquetball courts, 2 full-size basketball courts, a climbing wall and every single amenity I could possibly ask for. I'm not easily impressed and I was blown away by the tour and by the staff. Oh and did I mention I'll be paying less than at my current gym? Happy!!

If you live in/near Mason, check it out. It's truly heads and tails above every other club I've ever joined.

I'm still looking for a workout partner. :P

1 comment:

touchiefeelie said...

I belonged to Lifetime for about 3 years.... but here in the TC... all the fancy ones are in the suburbs and that city ones have horrible hours, and one is all women.... sorry. I like having men around when I workout....