Monday, August 20, 2007

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

I bought a new chef's knife this weekend. I've been cooking and felt I deserved an upgrade. My last one would become dull while cutting onions. I'm fairly certain my new one could cut through several sheets of drywall and be vewwy sharp still.

So this weekend I was cutting fresh parsley and stripping off the stems. I was tossing the stems into the trash with my left hand (into the trashcan on my right). It turns out that was a bad plan because I ever so slightly grazed my left fist against The Knife™. Immediately I began to bleed profusely. It was more like I cut into a balloon, full of blood. Since the cut was located right above my main knuckle on my index finger, every time I made a fist or even partially closed my hand, I would bleed like hell. I haven't bleed that much in years.

Ever heard that old wife's tale about how it's better to be cut by a super sharp knife than a dull knife? It's true. I was on the fence about going in to get stitches and already now, just two days later, the cut is closed and well on its way to being healed. I'll have a small scar, but it's healing super fast.

In other news, I have made some awesome tuna lasagna, turkey meatballs and other tasty vittles lately.

Git some.

No comments: