Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Black Tower Wine

I weep. I weep because I can no longer find Black Tower wine anywhere. Bigg's, Kroger, various wine shops - they are all out of Black Tower. They've all removed the slot for Black Tower off their shelves. They have burned the path to Black Tower and salted the fields.

Black Tower is the *perfect* wine to eat with Dijourno pizza covered in gorgonzola cheese.

Black Tower is by far my favorite "go to" wine. If anyone out there in blog-land sees any Black Tower, BUY IT ALL. I will buy it from you. $200 limit. No joke. If Germany no longer exports it, I am going to lobby my senator for war against Germany.

4 comments:

touchiefeelie said...

I am pretty ure you can get it from the intarweb. That is how Peggy gets her booze fix.

crystal said...

Maybe I can con my dad into bringing some back Labor Day weekend. If Germany doesn't have it, you are SOL my fair-wino friend!

James said...

[Aug 2008]
Hello,
I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts and there is plenty of Black Tower wine here. In fact the bottle is even made of black glass (not clear) and I think it runs from about $14 dollars a bottle (big bottle 1.5 Liters). Here is the description on the back:

2007
RIVANER
Deutscher Tafelwein Rhein
Crisp white wine made from the distinguished German grape Rivaner Served chilled, either on its own or with good food.

Bottled and Shipped By:

REH KENDERMANN GMBH WEINKELLEREI,
D-55411 BINGEN/RHEIN
Imported By Monsieur Henri Wine Co.
New Orleans, LA
Product of Germany

www.reh-kendermann.de

I am not sure if your version of this wine gave you all that information or not, but hopefully you can contact your favorite liquor (package) or wine store and request that they get this wine for you. If not, then perhaps you can Google it and find a distributor willing to ship it to you. The maker of the wine (see website above) or the distributor (Monsieur Henri) may have a list of stores in your state, where the wine is re-shipped.

Good luck,

James

Dick said...

When I worked in Singapore we could get Black Tower (in the black glass bottle) at any shop. I am trying to contact some friends still in Singapore to see if they can find out where it can be purchased here in the states.

Dick said...